This week’s re-read - all-time favorite mafia series 🦄

Eulogy (Eagle Elite, #9)Eulogy by Rachel Van Dyken
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blood in. No out.
It has taken me a while to write this review... This story was so fabulous that I don't think any review can do it justice...
I do not want to give any spoilers on the story, but this is one of the best books (possibly the best one) in this series. Be warned though, it's probably the darkest yet... Chase just underwent a 180 transformation - morphing from this funny, optimistic, happy go lucky guy to this really really messed up guy and remorseless killing machine... His end goal is to completely wipe off a certain mafia family and nothing can stop him. He denigrates everybody, even his friends, and they are at a loss on how to stop him. This book is aptly named Eulogy because for a good portion of the book, I was really wondering how things were going to turn out. Chase is just devastated. He feels isolated and so so angry, so he lashes out at everybody - innocent or not, family or not...
Lucianna, on the other end, was the complete opposite of Chase and Mil. She was just an innocent girl, thrust into a situation and a world she didn't really know existed. She had an amazing inner strength and I just fell in love with her determination to save Chase from himself... She was his match in more ways that one, and one of the strongest heroines of this series - she was willing to sacrifice herself to save him and his sanity and it was simply beautiful...
I laughed and I cried while reading their story. They are my new favorite couple.
I highly highly recommend this book!! It was really an experience and totally worth the sleepless Superbowl night I spent reading it.
Well done, Rachel Van Dyken... This makes my top 5 reads of EVER.

**I received an ARC copy for review.** I would have bought this book regardless, but this was late a late Christmas present :-)

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog